Wednesday, June 27, 2012

THE BIG PARTY!


We did their joint birthday party on the 16th. And first I have to say how completely spoiled my kids were! We are so blessed to have the family and friends that we do. Our kids loved every minute of it! Everyone was so great to help out too. Thank you to everyone! -This year I went easy and skipped doing cakes! The work I put into last years cakes was enough for 2 years! ha ha. So we did cupcakes instead. Mady chose Barbie and Noah chose monster trucks. (of course we couldn't get them to agree on one thing) so we planned early! Friday night we did most of the prep work and made the cupcakes. So Saturday morning all I did was frost them and it was super easy! Mady's were red velvet and cream cheese frosting. Noah chose chocolate with peanut butter frosting. :) I swear I would do these every every year! Turned out so cute and the kids were super excited about them. :)
We even skipped homemade lunch and bought fried chicken. SO worth it. This party felt like a million times less stress then last year! .

We had lunch and then did the kids piniatas. Mady chose a heart and Noah chose a truck. :
We did cupcakes and sang to the kids and then let them open presents. We were even lucky that it turned out to be a pretty nice day. Not real windy and not real hot! It turned out great and now my kids have a million new toys to tie them over until Christmas! lol. :)
I seriously can't believe I have a 6 year old and a 4 year old. CRAZY! Even crazier that in a few months we'll have another little one to add to the gang! holy cow! :) I'm excited to see what this next year will bring with all these changes. A kindergardner, a pre-schooler and a new baby! should be interesting! :)

1 comment:

  1. It was such a great day! I am so glad we were able to be there. Loved the previous post about Noah. Cracks me up his fav movies! Glad he had a good birthday.

    ReplyDelete