Thursday, September 13, 2012

June 20th/Happy 6th Birthday Madalyn!

On June 20th Mady turned 6. I can't believe my baby is 6. How did 6 yrs go by? It's crazy. I think every mom can say this, but I can remember the day I had her, the first time I held her, bringing her home...Oh man. Time goes too fast! The night before Mady's birthday we went to the Shrine Circus in Pocatello because I won 4 free tickets on the radio! ha ha. So it was a lot of fun. Mady had a complete breakdown because I wouldn't pay $20 so she could ride the elephants for 2 min. lol. so we got her face painted instead. The kids really enjoyed it and it was a good night. :)
The next day we all had the day off so we slept in and then all had breakfast. :) Mady got to open her 'big' present from us which was a tough choice this year. We got her a DS and it ended up being a great choice and she loved it. Noah got her a La La Loopsy house for all the dolls she got for her birthday.
For Mady's day she decided that she wanted to go bowling and go to McDonalds. It was a pretty great day. It's funny how trying to plan a fun day is so much harder with her then Noah....she is such a boob and so emotional that we spend half the day wandering why we didn't just stay home. lol. She is just a difficult little girl some days. But we love her to pieces. I can't remember what life was even like before she came along. She changed us forever; for the best. I will always be grateful to this little girl who made me a mom for the 1st time. I feel grateful for all the progress she's made over the years. We had so many concerns about her...and it's such a relief for her to get the help she needed and see her develop. She's an amazing little girl and we know she will come so far. :) (if she can just control those emotions! LOL) Afterwards we celebrated with cupcakes from the cocoa bean! yum!
Some things about Mady:
-She will start kindergarten this year. She knows all her letters, sounds and can count to 20 without help.
-She has her first wiggly tooth on the bottom. (and is pretty excited about the tooth fairy)
-She doesn't take baths anymore, but likes to take showers. She also sings in the shower almost all the time.
-She will start her 4th year of dance at the end of the summer!
-Her favorite toys are Littlest Pet Shops, La La Loopsy and Barbies.
-Mady is a TERRIBLE eater. Well....let me say that she will rarely eat what I make. HOWEVER if I steamed her a whole bowl of vegetables every day, she would eat that. some of her favorite foods are: white cheese, carrots & ranch, celery and PB, bagels and corn nuts! Oh! and dunky eggs (which she always calls 'donkey eggs' no matter how much we correct her.)
-We've had to put a lock on our treat cupboard due to her sweet tooth. She is sneaky and will get up early to sneak a treat.
-For some reason her nick name is 'Pete'. I think it stemmed from calling her crazy pete, from the Mickey Christmas Movie.
-She is extremely BOSSY to Noah. UGH! I'm constantly telling her that she is not his mom.
-Best way to describe our little princess....DRAMA! DIVA! EMOTIONAL! yep...that sums her up.
-We love her to pieces. She is such a fun little thing and her personality is all her own. She is my big girl though and loves to go shopping with me. She likes having "mommy days" and is a big helper. she's planning on helping so much with the baby, except for diapers. :) We feel very blessed to have her in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment