Monday, March 1, 2010

Busy Days With the Kids...

Some days when the kids are all tucked in bed... I sit there and think, "what did I accomplish today?" honestly. I feel like I chase my tail all day cleaning up after the kids, and like I'm constantly answering their demands. I don't really mind. This is what I want; to be here with my kids. But I feel like I just don't get much ME time. I really need to work out, I love scrap booking, bathrooms need cleaned, laundry...yeah don't get me started. I really need to balance things better. That is my goal! :) At least I can say every day with them involves a laugh. The other night we had just gotten Noah off the potty and he was naked. Well he ran off and we couldn't find him. I went in his room and could hear giggling from under his crib.

He like DIVES under there. He's so quick. As I'm taking a picture of him he says, "I pee." I thought he was talking about the potty so I told him he was a good boy. As I drag him out I realize he peed on the floor. naughty little boy. While Adam was putting his jammies on and telling him how we only pee in the potty he says, "Mommy clean it. Pee." Yeah thanks buddy. We're not reallly potty training, but he has peed in the potty like 5 times in the last 2 days. He gets it and can do it any time you set him on it. I think we could potty train him, I'm just waiting to have it in myself to do it. I've heard boys are harder then girls. So I'm scared. :) But he loves getting on the potty like a big boy and he yells, "Mommy! I do it!" He makes me laugh with his funny comments. Last night Adam was vacuuming and before he could even plug it in, Noah pulled his out. He was so funny, moving the cord and saying "Move it Daddy. I help you."

I love this little guy. He's such my little man. And such a mommas boy lately. but a couple weeks ago he was totally a daddy's boy. I guess he switches teams easily! He just has too much personality.

Mady had another dance performance on Saturday. It was their new dance (notice the cute new tutu) And while she was completely adorable, it went the same as all the rest.



We've debated about taking her out of dance, but she loves it. She loves going, and today at dance she did EVERY move to BOTH dances. It's funny to see how much she remembers the dance and then to see her freeze up like that. I guess I need to take the video camera to dance class so I can actually get something on it. :) But we've decided we will keep her in it, because she loves it and it's good for her. And everyone has said, who knows? Maybe one day she will just surprise us. Anyhow... we had a fun day. My mom and Brigitte came. And then we all went to lunch. All in all, it was a fun day.

1 comment:

  1. I am so amazed at the stories you tell about Noah. We are having flipped situations for Mady and Ainsley. Porter is just starting to talk. I have really had to work at not doing things for him before I make him say the word. But while my mom was here he started saying a lot of new words.

    I am so excited to see you guys again! We will be there the whole month of July and this time we will only be in Ashton. Chant's mom moved last weekend to Denver. So, we should have a lot of time to hang out!

    ReplyDelete