So Mady made her 2nd appearance of her life in the Emergency Room. (First time was like 1 1/2 yrs ago when she drank some of Noah's reflux medicine) Dang kids. Well I worked on Thursday night and Adam called me the first time around 1:00 a.m. and told me that Mady was really sick. She wasn't breathing really well. He had her in the shower just to breathe, she was sitting on a little seat because she wouldn't even stand up. She said everything hurt. It sounds bad, but I wasn't sure if Adam was exaggerating. He said she was running a fever and was all red. So I debated, and they told me I could go home and check on her, but Adam said she fell asleep. Well like an 1 1/2 hours later he called again and said she was really scaring him. I told him to give her Motrin, an Albuterol breathing treatment and call me back. He called me back and she was sleeping again. AHHHH! Then about 5:15 he called and said that I had to get home. She couldn't breathe. Her whole chest was caving in just trying to breathe. So I told the Charge nurse and she said to get home to her. I wasn't home for 5 min before I was in the car with her. I listened with my stethoscope and her lungs were clear. She was struggling so much to breathe and still had a fever. She started choking on the mucus in her throat and then started throwing it up and was choking on it. I grabbed her and we left. There is no point in messing around with this and I didn't know what else to do for her. So we got to the E.R. and they said she was definitely in respiratory distress. So they gave her some breathing treatment to break everything up and a steroid shot to decrease the inflammation in her throat and lungs. They did a chest x-ray and that was clear. They just called it Respiratory Distress, Acute Croup and possible Bronchitis. So we went home with 2 prescriptions, put Mady in bed with me and we slept until like 10:30. She still had kind of a rough day yesterday and last night she was really wheezy and sounded crappy, but I think we are making progress. She was really good at the hospital, everyone said she was completely adorable. She kept saying, "I'm sick, so I have to go to the doctor." she was NOT happy about the shot, but couldn't even scream or cry because of her throat and stuff. They did give her Dora stickers which helped. :) I have to admit, there is something EXTREMELY scary about watching your child struggle to breathe. There was that moment driving home where I thought it would be so much cheaper to wait for the dr's office to open. But in the moment I saw her that went out the window and nothing else mattered. The thought never crossed my mind again. I love her so much and just want my healthy little girl back. Other then that, we are all doing good. Just hanging out at home for awhile to get her better! There's lots of crap going around, so I hope everyone else is well!
Getting a breating Treatment while watching cartoons in Mom & Dads bed.

I told her to smile for me today and this is what I got. I guess it says it all. :)

She fell asleep on Adam tonight getting her treatment. She's so worn out.
Wow, that is really scary! I get really nervous when Chant has a hard time breathing, and he has his medication out and using in right away. I can't even imagine my kids having problems and not knowing what to do to help them. Glad she is okay!
ReplyDeleteOh how scary! Poor Mady!! I hope she feels better soon!
ReplyDelete