Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Emergency Room - Part 2

What is it with my kids and not getting sick during the day when the Dr's office is open??? oh well. So Mady is doing better. She still has a horrible, deep cough but we are making progress. Well Sunday we skipped church due to sick kids, we had Adam's sister's and families over for the super bowl. Well Noah started coughing but it wasn't too bad. Everyone left around 8:30 and all of a sudden he sounded horrible, just like Mady did. He had that barking cough, no voice, couldn't cry. I called some of the nurses I worked with to get a 2nd opinion and they thought I should bring him in. So we debated...but he just seemed to get worse. I was also afraid that I wouldn't hear him on the monitor because he couldn't cry. Plus, when Mady was sick she could come running in our room saying she couldn't breathe. Noah can't. So off to the E.R. again! They did a chest x-ray and gave him the steroids just like Mady. They didn't do the breathing treatment with him, they said that was more emergency situations which made me realize how bad Mady was. I told the Dr I felt like maybe we jumped the gun out of fear, but he said he had a lot of respect for croup and how it can get so bad so fast. So he said we did the right thing, and we felt better. So we had a REALLY bad night with Noah, Adam stayed home from work Monday and we were all lazy. It's been a rough week for us, but I'm keeping my hopes up that this is coming to an end.
Well...enough talk about being sick. A funny story about Noah...so Sunday we were all sitting in the kitchen eating super bowl junk, while the kids played and Noah slept. All of a sudden I hear this bang from down the hall. I thought one of the cats was in Noah's room so I walked quietly back there and opened his door just to see two little feet under his door. I looked around the door and Noah says, "Hi mom" I laughed. How the heck? So we put him back in to see how he got out. Sure enough, he hooked his little ankle over the top and shimmied his way down the rail. I couldn't believe it. So we lowered it down the last 2 notches. No luck! he did it again during the night. So we turned his crib around so that the really high part in the back was in the front.

This seemed like a good solution...but NOPE! This is what I found this morning...

He must have thrown everything out, his pillow, blankets, his stuffed puppy....and made himself a bed. So here's my question...Now what?? I'm not ready for him to be in a toddler bed. He's barely a year and a half. But I don't want him to fall and hurt himself. At least he wouldn't sleep on the floor, he could crawl in bed. But ohhh....getting Mady to sleep in a big girl bed was such a process. I'm so not ready. Plus he can't open his door, and we can't leave it open because of the cats. He's such a good sleeper and I don't want to ruin that. So I guess we'll give it a couple days. It's crazy. This kid is nuts. No fear. Well...other then trying to get these kids better... I work the next 2 nights and I'm wishing Adam luck. :) If anyone has advice on kids climbing out of their crib...help! Mady never did. Anyhow... wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment