So we had a pretty great 4th of July. Adam had a 3 day weekend and we had fun. On friday night Adams sister and brother-in-law and their kids came over. We BBQ'd and then we did fireworks out in the driveway for the kids. They had a lot of fun. Then Saturday they came back and we all went to the parade with Adam's parents. That is where we realized our daughter is destined to dance :) After the parade everyone came to our house and we had a big BBQ. We had the pool and slip 'n' slide out and it was just a really nice day. After everyone left, we all took a nap! Then that night we went to the Menan fireworks; I know, real exciting. But I was actually pretty surprised. They weren't as long as Idaho Falls, but you could get a lot closer, there was more room for the kids to play and we actually got home by 11:00!!! We almost got to see them blow things up (they had a few accidents. lol.) Craig (brother-in-law) joked that there was nothing high tech about Menan's fireworks; it's just red necks running around lighting them with their cigarettes. Ha ha. Not really, but it was fun. To say the least we had some pretty tired kids for the next day at church, but it was worth it. I feel so blessed to spend times like that with our family and to honor the freedoms that we all share, it reminds me of what's important.
All the kids watching the firworks.
After each one Mady would throw her hands in the air and go, "Yea! Woo hoo! Go Daddy" she was so excited. Of course there were tears when it was over.
Getting ready for the parade; Aunt Katie is giving him a blue mohawk.
My cute kids would not cooperate in their cute outfits! This was the best I got.
Every dance team or cheerleading squad that came by, Mady would copy them! She was jumping and flipping those arms around. The people in front of us even turned around and asked if she was ours because she was so cute! I wish I'd had the video camera because the pictures just don't capture it.
The BBQ
Aubrey got mouthy and got thrown in the water, clothes and all!!! (Oh and thanks Grandma Hesse for the birthday $, we got a new pool!)
The fireworks. A nice ending to the day; it was a beautiful night.

Great day! So nice to have a yard. Looks like you guys are taking advantage of it. Glad you had good weather. I am still sad we didn't get to have a parade. I be Madi's moves are cute to watch! How fun!
ReplyDeletethanks for the support, its nice to know that someone else is going through the same things sometimes! I can't believe how big your kids are! Mady is SO adorable that every picture makes me smile!
ReplyDelete