Some days I swear this is all we do. Noah is just a boob butt lately. He just wants to be held constantly. (and yes he is cutting teeth) But honestly, ALL DAY? Ahh! I swear it has to wear on even the most patient persons nerves. But he is very cuddly and I love that part. And whoever said 2 year olds were the worst didn't have a 3 year old! Mady is so emotional. This kid SCREAMS over everything. There is no such thing as tantrums, for her it's the end of the world. Last night she was sitting in her room for a monsterous fit and me and Adam decided that if we cut her arm off with a dull knife she would scream the same. It is miserable. And sometimes I don't know what to do with her. She's pretty difficult at times. Oh and since we've been potty training, she doesn't EVER pee her pants but she will let her self get constipated and then poop her pants. Let me just tell you how fun that is. Today I made her clean it. As bad as it sounds, the duties of being a mother are not all great. Between tantrums, scooping poop out of panties, taking away scissors (and getting hit for it), and listening to constant crying because I won't let them have popsicles for breakfast, its been a pretty long day. But for all the hard duties of motherhood, there are so many rewards. When my little girl grabs my face and says, "mommy, I love you the mostest" or Noah grabs his blankie and juice and says "Mom! Up!", it makes me forget all the other things and treasure being a mother. And in moments where Mady leans over and tells Noah he's a good boy and kisses him, or covers him up with her forbidden blanket, I think maybe we are doing something right and that there's hope for well-behaved kids yet!
So much more than a Coat by Bailey
3 years ago

Amen!
ReplyDeleteThis is totally my life as well..... I have no idea how my parents had 5 kids and we all servived. My girls are so so so emotional. Anyway- I am living in Rexburg for the next few months. So we need to get together and soon.
ReplyDeleteSpelled survived wrong. opps. I need to go back to skool;)
ReplyDelete