Sunday, January 27, 2013

Goodbye MMH


Today was the last day I was considered employed at Madison Memorial Hospital. I've worked there for exactly 11 years and 3 months. I was hired in housekeeping in October of my senior year in high school. That hospital saw me through my high school graduation, marriage, nursing school, and the birth of all 3 kids; I've worked in 4 different departments. I've made more friends there then I think I could count. I have been so lucky to work with some of the smartest, most amazing people, and I'm privileged to call some of the best doctors in town my friends.  I will miss all of that so much. I will miss the midnight talks with the housekeepers,  Nori saving me cinnamon rolls from the snack bar and her awesome country chicken that she makes.More then anything I will miss the all night talks with some of the greatest nurses & HUC's, the yummy potluck lunches/breakfasts that the day shift does (including Dr. Lee's amazing pancakes!), and just being part of what I felt was an amazing team.

For almost 2 years now, I've carried on the 2 jobs. And after a lot of thought and prayer....we've decided that my kids need my extra hours and time, not the hospital. So while I'm very sad to say goodbye, part of me feels like a huge weight has been lifted. Now I'm only responsible for two 12 hr shifts a week, instead of 3-4 and just BEGGING for call. It's just become too overwhelming. I hope that some day I will find my place back there, but we'll see. I think this is going to be a great change for our family. I cried for several days, but now I mostly feel peace.

Now my extra focus and time can be on these 3 amazing blessings that we have!

2 comments:

  1. It's always hard to say good-bye to a work family. But I'm so happy for you that you can be home more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when I left MMH 5 1/2 years ago.... very bittersweet! I know exactly how you're feeling. But I'm glad you can have extra time at home with your cute kiddos! They need you! :)

    ReplyDelete