I had to throw in a cute picture of the kiddos the Sunday before Christmas. :) ------------------------------------>
On Christmas Eve we were actually pretty lazy. :) it was kind of nice. Well other then the fact that I needed a few things for breakfast and dinner the next day. but I've learned my lesson...I will NEVER go to the store on Christmas Eve...EVER, EVER, EVER AGAIN. ugh. Anyhow... That night we went to Adam's Dad & Terri's. We ate lots of yummy food, including Jeff's awesome shrimp. We opened gifts and watched A Christmas Story. it was a nice relaxing evening.
On the way home we drove around and looked at Christmas lights. We drove up the temple and they had this beautiful Nativity set up. Just gorgeous.
We got home and the kids opened their Christmas jammies and left cookies and milk for Santa, and carrots and celery for the reindeer. They were pretty excited! The excitement of little kids is what makes the season so magical. I just love it.
Santa Came! ----------------------------->
Mady was up bright and early at 7:00. She'd already got Noah up and they'd checked out their Santa stuff and dug into their stockings. :) They were bouncing off the walls and ready to open presents. The loved everything they got and have been pretty occupied with the new toys this last couple weeks!
After presents we enjoyed a yummy breakfast of french toast, coconut syrup, bacon and hash browns. very yummy!
I couldn't help myself. I always laughed at people who bought matching outfits for their kids. But I couldn't help it! It looks like those "me and my doll" things! ha ha.
We all took naps and them had dinner with my mom and John and opened presents again!
We were all stuffed by the end of the day and everyone was spoiled! The best part of Christmas is getting to spend it with family. And while this Christmas was a little different and there were a lot of people we missed.... it was very laid back and we got to enjoy our kids very much. :) And in the end I guess that is what it's all about. Well that and focusing on the birth of our Savior. :) It's so great as our kids get older how they understand so much, and enjoy the movies and stories. We made a cake for Christmas dinner and Mady said it was Jesus birthday cake. :) So sweet of her. Hope everyone else had a very Merry Christmas!



No comments:
Post a Comment