Monday, March 28, 2011

Answers to prayers....

For us this past year has been rough. We signed papers on our house last April and as much as it felt right...man things really seemed to go wrong! It was just one thing after another...moving had it's issues, carpet, broken bones, surgery, bad insurance, bad jobs, car problems...the list goes on. But we've tried to do what we've felt is right and somehow we got through it. We love our ward, house and neighbors...it really felt like this is where we should be, so we said our prayers and tried to do the right things, hoping it would work out. Well... everything is not perfect...but it feels like things are starting to fall into place. So I'll start with my job- I saw a listing online at Mountain View Hospital for a Full time night LPN. I have NO desire to work full time and it seriously stressed me out. I prayed about it and felt like I should apply...even if I could just get an interview and maybe get to know the supervisor for possible future jobs. but when I got the call for an interview I cried. seriously...I was so stressed! Full time=bad mother. I can't handle it. I knew I couldn't. But I tried to stay positive. The morning of the interview...I cried again, me and Adam were bickering. I was so stressed. I almost didn't go but I still felt like I should. So I go in and sit down and the first thing she says is, "I have to apologize and if you don't want to continue with the interview I would understand, but the position was listed wrong...it's only for Regular Part Time, 2 days a week." I felt like crying again. I was so relieved. And when they offered me a job...I just knew that someone else had a hand in it. So I'm very excited. It's full benefits, so in 90 days we will have better insurance! Adams is so bad, SO SO SO bad. It's a huge relief. Plus at Madison where I work now...I've worked maybe 4 days in the last month...that doesn't really help us pay our bills so well. So it will take us awhile to catch up for sure...but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel. I'm excited, scared, relieved, and nervous! but more then anything I feel so blessed. we finally have some stability! So that's what's going on with me!
-Adam is doing great! Just working and keeping busy. Not a whole lot new with him...I am starting my spring to-do list for him. :) I can't believe the amount of work we have to do on the yard...it gives me a headache thinking about it. It sort of got neglected last year! So if it would ever quit snowing and get above 40 degrees...maybe we could get something done!

Mady is doing good! She's been really emotional lately...she goes in spurts with it I guess. But she's doing good in school. I was kind of nervous because lady that has been working with Mady in the school district told me she felt like she'd probably met all her goals and wouldn't qualify for next year and that we should consider putting her in kindergarten. I felt like this was another answer to a prayer... but I really felt like she wasn't ready. I truly feel like keeping her back this extra year will be good for her, if we can get her in a good program. So they did some testing with her and told me this week they will keep her in through next year. I think it's great! she needs it. So she had another dance performance last week and did great. Dance is coming to an end and she will start gymnastics in June. We're signing her up for T-ball and swim lessons...so it will be a busy summer. Noah is going to do a boys tumbling class I think and we have him in pre-school for Fall. I can't believe it. He is going to be 3! He's still our little monster! love that kid! It's so funny how my fears for my kids are so similar in some ways and so different in others. Mady is so sensitive...I worry about kids being mean to her and her not even realizing it. She is so naive. She thinks the world revolves around her which is great...she's got good confidence...but she's so tender hearted. I feel like she is going to be that girl that will have to learn the hard way that not everyone is nice. And as a mommy...i want to protect her from it. She is so sweet and her feelings get hurt so easy. Noah on the other hand...I know he can hold his own. i worry more about him being the bully. He says exactly what's on his mind. It's crazy how even as young as they are you can see glimpses of their personalities. I think he will pick good friends...he's very outgoing and outspoken. I worry about Mady being a follower...she's just wants everyone to like her. She's too nice to tell mean girls where to go, unlike my son or myself. :) And I worry about the world affecting both of them too much! I just pray that we can keep the spirit in our home and that it will be a place they love to be; and most importantly that they will always know they are children of God. I just want them to always feel loved and know who they are. My friend JaLayn told me that kids are like cups...we spend so many years just filling their cup with water. Making them believe in and love themselves. then they go to school and someone is mean to them. It's like pricking a hole in the cup. they get a bad grade...another hole and so on. Before you know it, their cup is leaking out and it's our job every day it patch it up and refill it. I think that is so true. It is so important to keep their confidence up and make sure they know how much they are loved! I know they are young...but am I the only one that has these crazy fears? Kids bring out so many worries...
Anyhow...some pictures of Aubrey's b-day...I can't believe she is 16! She was 5 yrs old when me and Adam started dating. She has turned into such an amazing girl! These are some pics of her surprise party.
We took some flowers to her at school.




Anyhow...I know this post was long so I won't drag it out. But tomorrow is also our Anniversary! 8 years ago I married my best friend and joined an amazing family! I feel so grateful and love him so much!!! I know that with him we can get through anything...sometimes we have to fight a little to get there...:) but we always do! I love you Adam!!!

1 comment:

  1. Loved the update. I love you guys and we think and talk about you all the time. I am so glad things are going better. Happy Anniversary. Hope it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete