Sunday, March 6, 2011

Life goes on...

So it seems that time is passing so quickly! I can't believe I haven't posted since January. I have to ask myself if I'm enjoying every day as much as I can. I think sometimes I get too consumed with worrying or thinking ahead, or stressing about the "future"...I need to stop and slow down. I think that's one of my biggest faults, and I'm going to regret it if I don't STOP IT! lol. It's just hard some days... I have lots of dreams and worries...and most of you know that patience was never one of my best qualities. :) Anyhow...we've been doing good; continuing on with life. I think an update with pictures is the best way to go! :)

So my b-day was on Feb 3rd and I'd worked the night before...when I got up I woke up to this:


My sweet hubby and kids decorated for me. The kids were SO excited for me to wake up. :) I turned 27 and I feel so old! ha ha. I'm way too close to 30. I thought I'd have all my kids by the time I was 30! But I don't think that's happening. It's funny how we had all these dreams and goals set...but life has a way of changing them for you. But overall I am happy with where we are at. I wish I had a better job and insurance, I wish I didn't have to work at all! I wish My kids didn't fight... etc... I have a lot of wishes, but I'm happy with the "essentials", or the things that matter. I have a good marriage and amazing kids and we all have a lot of fun together. We have the gospel and there's not much more we can ask for!
Noah got a hair cut!

My Boys! (Noah with his hair all cute):)

Super Bowl Sunday always falls on the weekend of my b-day...so we had Adam's sisters and their families over. It was a lot of fun...we spread lots of germs! ha ha. Or well...our germy kids did. Mady got croup...again. for what, the 4th time this year? ugh. So did Jamie's little boy, and her new baby was in the hospital with RSV! Where is SPRING?!! I can't wait for my kids to be outside playing instead of inside FIGHTING!
We had a good Valentine's day. I decorated for the kids, which they loved.

Then we made some treats and took them to Grandma Kelli & Adam at work with balloons.

Then we came home and Mady helped me make Daddy a double layer german chocolate cake; his favorite. And we dipped strawberries; MY favorite! :)

We did steak, shrimp and veggies for dinner! it was really yummy!

Daddy brought us home treats and the kids balloons. It was a good day. :)
the kids got their little presents and we just had a fun night!


Mady has started riding the bus to school. Not that she really needs too, we live really close and I've always taken her. but she has asked every day...never fail, to ride the bus. So I finally let her. It just seemed dumb for her to take a 1/2 hr bus ride when I can take her up there. But she loves it...:) That's all that matters.

Other then that...we've mixed in another couple dance performances. Mady loves it, of course. we've got 2 more in March and a recital in February. She always does so good, and looks completely adorable. :)



I just had to add in this picture of Adam with the icicles on our house!

ha ha. Some days they were so huge! But I'm happy! cuz that means it's melting. The kids have had lots of fun in the snow...but we're ready for it to be gone. The snow is so deep in our yard we've had to shovel paths for the kids or they get stuck. They've lost boots and we have to go dig them out! ha ha. Some spots in our yard are as deep as Noah is tall! So it will take awhile for all this to melt...but like I said...we are SO ready. Anyhow....on goes life right? Me and Adam are getting away for a night this week...just to Montana for his work stuff. But it will be nice. :) It's been a long time since we've done that. I feel like we are in a need of a break! Well hope that someone, somewhere is enjoying sunshine and seeing their grass!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying the sunshine and grass and tweety little birds outside! :) haha, sorry to rub that in! I just have to say, that most of that blasted snow better be GONE when we get back up there in April!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just miss you guys. It stinks that we are so close but have only seen you once since we've been back. I am glad things are going well. Hang in there with the job thing! I hear you about being stressed and worried. i have to remind myself to pay attention to the now too. Hope we can see you sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete