Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Anniversary/Honesty/Preschool/BEDTIME!!!!

So to start, we had a not-so-happy-anniversary. It basically sucked. Mady had dance at 11:00 a.m. and they were getting pictures that day. I tore the my purse, the house, and the car apart for my wallet and found nothing. I had to pay for the pictures so I called Adam and asked him to go to the bank and call Albertsons to see if I left my wallet there the night before (and yep, the night before was a Sunday.. that's what I get). Albertsons didn't have it. Adam even went over there and him and several people searched every cart and the entire store...but nothing. We left the cart outside so anyone could have grabbed it. So we went home and cancelled all our debit, credit, and store cards. Went to the bank and put a hold on my checks. We did squeeze in lunch before we took Mady to school. And then I spent the rest of the afternoon finishing up and putting a fraud alert on my social security card which was behind my license. STUPID! NEVER KEEP THAT IN YOUR WALLET! I knew that, but I even had Noah's in there too; oh and $120 cash. Afterwards we picked mady up, went to Wal Mart and then to JaLayn's little boys birthday. We came home resolved that someone must have really needed it more then me, but still super stressed. Adam had plans for flowers and a surprise lunch. I was going to let the kids make him cards and take him balloons to work..but none of that happened. Kind of depressing. The whole day went by without much acknowledgement, just stress. However, the next morning I got a call from Albertsons!!! My wallet was sitting on their customer service counter when they opened. EVERYTHING was there, even the $. Thank goodness there are still honest people out there. So we are going on a date Friday for our Anniversary and Adam's sister is babysitting. We're looking forward to that. What a relief! We also went to the temple last night with Adam's Dad and Terri, while Aubrey baby sat. Then we all had dinner at our house. It was such a nice night; we definitely feel that we don't go enough. And we feel so good when we do!!
So today was the last day of Pre-school for Mady. Both her and Noah will start school in May. But today the parents were invited for the last 20 min and to have a treat. It's so fun to see Mady in her comfort zone. She's such a big girl. Noah loved it there too, so I hope that means he will do well. So here's a few pics of today!


Mady showing us the class guinea pig.


Noah LOVED it.


They had a "circus" day today and Mady had to show the Lion to us!


So I've been excited to re-decorate Noah's room. It's fun to make it look like
a big boy room. "bittersweet" :) But we are doing it in black, tan, and red, with a sports theme. It's fun. Just wish we could paint! Hopefully soon. I'll have to take pictures when I actually get all that I'm planning done. Other then that...bedtime has been AWFUL! He will not go to sleep unless we are laying by him. We played this game with him for almost an hour tonight before Adam finally gave in and laid down with him. He fell asleep in like 5 minutes. I tried too and he just kept saying, "mommy. you hold me. I hold you" He would put his arm around me and play with my hair... but not go to sleep. so frustrating. Oh well. I think he might be cutting his molars. We'll see. We had to lock Mady out of our room and that fixed the problem in 2 nights, but it was sad. Noah is just too young for that. So we are hoping this is short lived. Wish us luck.

Just a cute picture of Noah during his nap. He looks so little and comfy.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about your anniversary! At least you get a make-up date. Noah looks so different! He is so big! It's crazy! I can't wait to see his room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you ended up finding your wallet! That always makes life stressful... I was looking at the pictures of Mady and Noah at the preschool and it brought back good memories. I remember working in the preschool labs and the toddler labs... and I can't believe both of your kids are old enough to go to school there. How cute! We need to get together soon! This summer I should have a lot more time... I'm just helping coach t-ball again. But I'm sure I'll be in Rexburg a lot visiting... So we for sure have to get together then! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete