Thursday, October 25, 2012

Hayleigh Ann

(WARNING: This may be a long post. But I want to make sure and get all my memories down. :)) Well our little peanut is here! safe and sound. :) I was getting pretty impatient because I had Noah 2 weeks early, and somehow you just expect that to happen again! haha. So when I went in for my 39 week check up and I was STILL a 3 but was 100% thinned I was a little depressed! ha ha. He told me to come back Wednesday. I'd been having contractions for a couple weeks, some that kind of hurt, but nothing regular or closer then 6 minutes apart. Well Wednesday morning I woke up at 6:00 with contractions and I had them until like 9:30. I totally thought that was it, but they went away! So I went to my Dr. appt at noon and I was a 4-5 now and 100% thin, but NO contractions. Our Dr wanted me to go up to the hospital and get my water broke. He really felt like it would be pretty quick once we did that and we were all afraid of a repeat of Noah, or worse. (Noah was born 30 minutes after getting to the hospital) I was afraid of labor not starting even if he broke my water. So Adam took the rest of the day off work and we walked the park for an hour...but nothing. so I went home and took a nap. :) ha ha. Adam was getting mad. Finally we decided we might as well go... our kids had the next 4 days off school and my mom was good at work to be able to stay with them. Plus the Dr and hospital called wandering where the heck we were. lol. Before heading to the hospital.
So we got to the hospital about 5:00 and he broke my water. Let me just say...the contractions were INSTANT, and painful, and right on top of each other. After 4 pokes we finally got my IV and the contractions were getting worse. I still wasn't sure I wanted an epidural. I did it without one with Noah...so I knew I could, just wasn't sure. So I asked for something in my IV first. Well...I never got that Fentanyl I wanted. lol. They checked me 1st and i was complete, which I kind if expected. Those contractions were AWFUL. Much worse then with my other 2; plus she was posterior. They called the Dr and told him to run. I honestly didn't think he was going to make it. I was ready to push whether he was there or not. Lol. But he got there...running! ha ha. I pushed 3 times through 1 contraction and she was here. Born October 17th at 6:11 p.m, 7lbs 14oz 19" long. and VERY swollen and bruised.
She couldn't keep her oxygen up right after delivery so they took her to the nursery for like 1/2 an hour and brought her back. Such a relief. I missed her already. There is something so sweet and spiritual about a newborn baby. :) It's such an amazing feeling. People were pretty shocked when we called to tell them she was here already. The kids were dying to come up and see her. So my mom brought them up after I took a shower. (the joy of no epidural) :-) She had this crazy lizard tongue hanging out from the begining! :
Well Adam stayed the night with me and we were hoping to go home the next night. But through the night her oxygen was down again. so the next morning they admitted her to the nursery. :( I just started crying. It broke my heart to not have her at my side. They did a chest x-ray and she had fluid in her lungs; probably aspirated during delivery. She slept most of the time. But we did get called a couple times because she got so worked up. The nurses said she had a temper and was like 0-90. There isn't much wimpering with her. ha ha. She is like full out ticked when she want's something! LOL.
So we ended up staying 2 nights. Adam was amazing and by my side the whole time. the kids were struggling not having us home. Mady was very emotional about leaving us there and then again about Hayleigh not being in our room the next day. It was very heartbreaking. So Adam went home each night to put the kids to bed. On Friday we went in the nursery to see her and her oxygen was off! YEA! so excited about that. They also let Mady in to see her, which she was pretty excited about.
She still had antibiotics to get that night. We also were waiting on some labs and a chest x-ray, but we were hoping SO MUCH that she would be able to go home. Dr Z came in that night around 7 and said we could take her home if we felt good about. (since I'm a nurse and know what to look for) plus her chest x-ray was better and her labs were fine. We about jumped for joy! We had things packed and the videos watched in like an hour! :)
We came home to some very excited kids and our wonderful neighbor had dropped off homemade chips and salsa. It felt SO good to be home, in our own bed, with baby stuff everywhere. :)
Love being home with a new baby. :) There's just something about the spirit it brings in your home. :) the kids are sure enjoying her. I will update our days at home here eventually. For now I have a baby to cuddle. :)

1 comment:

  1. That had to be awful having her in the nursery. Glad the delivery was quick and you didn't have to suffer too long. She is seriously beautiful. That is so sweet that Mady was upset she wasn't in your room. She's such a sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete