Well both kids have started school. We've had some mixed reviews from them and some new schedules to get used to, but overall the kids are adjusting well.
*MADY*
Mady loves school; she always has. She was excited weeks before. :) The only real drama we had was over picking out an outfit for the first day of school. She wanted something pink, but everything pink she had she didn't want to wear. She wanted a skirt. such a picky girl. so we finally agreed on this outfit with the "little bit" of pink it had and a big pink flower. Oh and pink fingernails. This girl and her pickiness....oh help us!
We took her to school that day and found her spot. :) And lucky her....she was right by her friend Chase (or future husband as she calls him, lol) His mom and I knew that was going to be a bad idea from the start!! LOL. By the second day they had been separated and both in time out for talking and touching each other. geez! But we talked about it and she has a super nice teacher. So far it hasn't happened again. Although her and Chase have a nice distance from each other. :)


Overall Mady is doing pretty well. She knows her letters and sounds. We are starting to sound out words in simple books. she loves doing her homework, but is pretty exhausted every day after school. There are a lot of days she comes home, eats and falls asleep. It's tough adjusting to a new routine and I think it's mentally exhausting. However I am so glad we held her back. I think it made a world of difference for her. :)
*NOAH*

Well our little stud is in pre-school Mon-Wed-Fri at almost the exact same times as Mady. he was pretty excited to go, but a little more nervous then Mady. He liked meeting his teachers at the pre-school night; he was pretty laid back about it. :) The first day of school he was a little quiet, but he felt like such a big boy getting to wear a backpack. His teachers told us that he made a little friend that he loved to play with. So that was good. Until the next week he came home all bummed out and said that his friend "Kobe in the red shirt that I play basketball with, isn't in my class anymore". I kind of blew it off and just encouraged him to make other friends, but he seemed pretty down. Then one day his teacher asked how he was doing because she'd noticed he was pretty quiet and not really playing with anyone at school. That concerned me a little. She told me Kobe had been moved to a morning class and Noah wasn't really making friends and just seemed bummed out at school. She honestly felt his vocabulary and speech are so far ahead that he gets frustrated communicating with some of the other kids in the class. I guess he told her he didn't want to play with the "little kids", but they are all his age or older. so crazy. I never thought I would have a kid struggle for being ahead. So I went and helped in his class for a couple days and we made a couple new friends. :) he's trying at least. It just broke my heart to see him so disappointed. Apparently him and this other kid had a lot in common. He seems to be doing much better now and really likes going to school. He's always got lots of stories and his teachers tell us he's pretty entertaining. I'm afraid to ask. lol. :)
Other then that....I've been doing this!

ha ha. Just cooking a baby! Getting ready to be done! It's crazy how exciting it is to be pregnant and feel that baby move...but by the end...it just gets tough to enjoy any of it. I still never get tired of hearing her heart beat or feeling her kick. I definitely know what a miracle having a baby is. She's a pretty active little thing and we've gotten lots of entertainment at poking my belling and watching her and feeling her poke back. It's like you can tell they have personality already. :)We are just ready to hold her and cuddle her now. We are very grateful and excited for her to join our family. :-)
We've got everything out and it's taking over! ha ha. you forget how much stuff they use and need!
Made a couple of baby blankets. I especially like the blue one. I picked that material and I think it's my favorite. Adam picked the other. :)Preparing for a winter baby is very different then my other 2 June babies!
The other thing we tackled this week was the 'breastfeeding' topic so the kids wouldn't come to the hospital and be like....'ummm...what the heck?" We reviewed all kinds of animal pictures and talked about the baby and mommy cows at the fair. We even looked at one mommy picture...had a few giggle fits over that. But I think eventually it will become no big deal. Mady even said in her prayers tonight: "Please bless that mommy can feed the baby her special-mommy-milk out of her boobies"....oh geez! I did NOT use that word in any of my explanations. so this should be interesting for sure. :) Anyhow...wish us luck. As of Sunday we are 38 weeks, and that is exactly when Noah was born...so fingers crossed!
Oh, that broke my heart reading about Noah. Being a parent is so hard sometimes. You want to help your kids and do the best things for them but sometimes you just have no control. I'm glad he's doing better. Mady is so cute! That cracks me up about the boy. SO far our biggest crush is Justin Bieber, which I can totally handle. I cannot wait to meet this sweet little girl! You look great! Miss you guys!
ReplyDelete