(I love how their invites turned out...I used the same girl as last year and she always puts my thoughts together perfectly.:)
June was filled with lots of birthday celebrations! Well Noah's birthday is on the 4th..which fell on a Saturday. Adam had to work, so we had an easy day and he helped me make cupcakes. We let the kids decide something they want to do, and Noah chose the zoo. So when Adam got home, we went to the zoo in Idaho Falls and then to TGIFridays for dinner. We had lots of fun and I can't believe my baby is 3. He is so much fun and such a joy to our family. He is my easy going kid, with a temper at times! he is such a love bug and will cuddle with me any time of the day if I ask him to. :) Love this kid.
This was the same weekend as Beer fest apparently...and it took forever to get our food. Noah even fell asleep. We did however get our entire meal for free plus a dessert. :)
we still let Noah come home and have one of his cupcakes. :)
Mady's birthday is on the 20th. Her birthday was on a Monday...and of course Adam had to work. lol. So we went to the park with my steps sister and niece and nephew, then out to ice cream. Mady decided she wanted to go bowling. So we did a little get together at Fat Cats and bowled and had pizza. She had tons of fun and got lots of barbie stuff she wanted. :) She is definitely my girlie girl. It's so crazy to think that 5 years ago I had her. time has gone too fast. I tell her all the time I want her to stay little and she tells me she can't because she want's to be big like me. :) she is HUGE mommy's girl and my drama queen. That certainly hasn't changed. ha ha. She will start a pre-K program this fall and that is just crazy. She is such a sweetheart and we feel so blessed to have her in our family.
Aunt Brigitte put pink and purple extensions in Mady's hair, which she loved. :)
Mady lovin up her barbie stuff. :)
We did their big party on Saturday the 25th. It was nice that Adam had Friday off too and that jamie came over to help. I literally worked on their cakes from 9 a.m. to midnight or so. We did take a break during the day to go have pizza, and we stuffed bags for the kids, cleaned the house...and in between i baked, frosted, froze and repeated on like a million layers. I think I used 4 boxes for mady's and 2 for Noahs. I have a neighbor who does amazing things with cakes...I don't know how she does it. It requires way too much patience! Saturday turned out good. Mady was so tired and kind of crabby. She fell asleep right before everyone showed up so I had to wake her up. She had FITS about the wind blowing her balloons and presents away...what would a birthday for Mady be like without the drama? lol. I will just sum it up with pictures.
The awaited cakes! lol. Noah's was a double layer chocolate with peanut butter cream filling. It was way yummy.
Mady's was red velvet with cream cheese filling....and LOTS of decorating. I had to re-arrange my fridge to put them both in over night...then we put a child lock on it so it wouldn't ruin the surprise. Mady was so excited and Noah just thought i was the most awesome mommy ever! :) At least I only do it once a year, but 2 in one day is a lot of work! glad that part's over for now!
We got the yard all decorated.
We had an awesome lunch of BBQ chicken and lots of sides thanks to everyone who brought stuff! and then the kids did the piniata's. Mady's was a princess crown and Noah chose a basketball.
we opened presents...my kids were SOOO spoiled!...we battled a little more drama over the wind and mady having fits about putting all the tissue paper in the garbage before she would open the bags....sheesh! But they got tons of presents and were super excited to get their bikes at the end. Mady got a barbie bike and Noah got a Cars bike. They even got helmets and bells that match their bikes and have loved them this summer!
and this is what I get when I leave my husband in charge of the camera...and then you put Dal and Jamie in front of it...:)
We sang happy birthday, the kids blew out the candles...which I missed on camera AND video camera...sad. :( 1st year that's happened.
then we demolished all of my hard work! ha ha. but it was a great day. we have amazing family and friends and it was so nice to celebrate that day with everyone!

Wow, you guys know how to party! Those cakes are amazing! I am definitely impressed. Isn't it crazy ours kids are 3 and 5. I cannot get used to it. i was filling out paperwork for Ainsley for Kindergarten and I started filling it out for Brinn!
ReplyDelete