Sunday, January 23, 2011

Our little dancer and an update!


So this year Mady has just done awesome in dance. She caught on right away and actually listened! It's crazy to see her be on the 'experienced' side of things instead of running around and sitting in time-out. lol. They had their dress-rehearsal last Saturday and from the minute we got in the gym she was jumping around all excited. She couldn't wait...yes. This from the girl who stood in the middle of the gym un-moving for like 5/6 performances last year. She was so excited to put her "tutu" on and looked adorable.


When she was done, she ran over to me and my mom and said, "I danced so good! I'm awesome huh?" It brought tears to my eyes because she was just so proud of herself. She gave me a big hug and I just had to say, "yep. your pretty awesome." Things like this are just so good for kids and their confidence.

She also starts pre-school this week which will be great for her. She really needs it. She's just too bored being home all day. She's such a fun and independent little girl lately. she loves to just sit in her room and play with her toys or her new Leapster. That was the best present and has been so good for her. Teaching her numbers and letters. We've re-placed the batterries like 3 times since Christmas already! I've said it before...but she is my good eater. She had 2 HUGE helpings of steamed broccoli the other night and hardly ate her pork chops. she loves veggies and requests ice water over pop. It's funny, but great. she eats way better then Noah and is still always more sick then him. She's had croup twice since November; but is good now.

Mady also went to her friend Sienna's b-day party the other day. She loved it. She met this little girl at pre-school and has done nothing but talk about her! they always run up and hug each other. It's very cute.

I did have to include this picture of Mady with her blanket. I made this before she was born, it was the 1st one I ever made. we can not get rid of it. Look at the huge rip in it; It's been mended so many times. I even made her a new one, we've bought a barbie one...but NOPE; nothing else works. At least she doesn't take it everywhere anymore, but dang...she's 4 1/2 and is still so attached to that ugly thing. :) oh well. It's so comforting to her I guess.

This is how my kids were dressed the entire afternoon after church. Literally. I just peeled Mady's off of her to get her jammies on. It was funny. We could only call them Buzz or Jessie too. :)
Oh Adam's sister Jamie had her baby and when we got home from seeing him, Mady had a lot of questions. she asked if I had a baby in my belly too and I said no. She said, "I do." I said, "you have a baby in your belly?" she said, "No. I have a bunny rabbit." :-) She's a fun little girl, but still has her dramatic days. lol. I think that will be her for years to come, but we will love her for every minute of it. I've thought a lot lately about how grateful I am for my kids...they are amazing. We are so lucky to have her. She was my first baby...and it just doesn't seem like that it was that long ago. I still remember the first time I held her, it just seemed like such a miracle. And she is. I'm so grateful that my Heavenly Father has trusted us with this amazing little person. I love her more then she will ever know.



Noah is great. That kid is hilarious and just has a personality all his own. We can't figure out how he comes up with half the things he says and does. He's potty trained now. But it was a little more difficult then Mady. Bribing just didn't work the way it did for Mady. It's funny how different kids are. He responded better to a consequence, like having to clean his own poop out of his underwear. ha ha. It was sad but it worked. He also has decided that he doesn't sit down to pee. He has to "pee like daddy", so he will only stand up now. And the other day when I gave him toilet paper to 'dab' his pee pee, he told me "No. Daddy says I just shake my weiner" :) He's a funny kid. he pretty much wears his snow boots around the house all day. And he only travels by scooter. (the one Santa got him for Christmas) There's even designated parking spots for it. He has become a HUGE daddy's boy. To the point where he will flat out tell me, "I don't want you! I just want my dad!" This kid says exactly what's on his mind; no filter. I'm sometimes afraid when he opens his mouth in public. I never know what will come out of it. He still uses his favorite swear word so freely..."Mom, where's my d*** juice?" It just flows...we've had lots of talks about what Heavenly Father doesn't like us to say. He just gives us dirty looks. lots...of...attitude.
-One funny thing he said, for those of you who aren't on facebook...Noah came out from his nap one day. He had huge sleepy eyes and was still staggering a bit, but he looked right at me and asked, "Mom. do all kids have pee pee's and butts?" :) I just don't expect anything less from him. I'm just glad this one wasn't in public.
-He's really into calling people "freaks" lately. He and Adam were wrestling around the other night and he yells after him, "get back here ya little FREAK!"..let me assure you...we have NEVER called him that.
-He was picking out a new movie to take in the car the other night and he was taking forever, so Adam told him to hurry up. He slammed his hand down on the floor and with an angry face said, "I just don't have TIME for this Dad!" He's going to be an interesting child I think.
He is such a goof ball, but such a cuddle bug. He would sit and cuddle at any time of the day. His favorite show is Transformers right now; to watch with his daddy of course. He's definitely a fun little guy and we feel very grateful to have him in our family. Just like with Mady...he has no idea how much he's loved. He keeps us on our toes every day; but he is so extremely loving and sensitive. I was in the bath tub one night and forgot to lock the door...in came Noah. I guess he thought I was sad...but he said, "It's ok mommy. don't cry. Daddy will come get you. I will stay here with you." then he went and got a cup to pour water over me (like I do to them in the tub) then he patted my back and gave me a kiss. :) He's my little man, and holds such a special place in my heart. My kids are the reason I wake up every day and do everthing I can to make them happy and teach them right. We feel so blessed to have these amazing little people!

4 comments:

  1. That was the sweetest post ever. You have adorable kids and we miss them, and you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noah kills me! Where does he come up with all that hilarious stuff!? Where's the damn remote?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, little boys...they are special little things, aren't they?? It's so obvious that their brains are wired differently with the things they say out loud. I totally love that butts & pee-pees were the first things on his mind in the morning, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kid are such cuties! Maddi is a mini you!!

    ReplyDelete