Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Oh where to begin....

I have never went so long without blogging! Moving into a house has been quite the time consuming adventure! So I Will up-date and recap with pictures and if it gets too long you can quit reading or maybe I will have to split it up into 2 posts. We'll see.

So my grandma came in June and was here for the kids birthday. That was lots of fun and we can't wait to see her again. I just felt bad that her last week here was spend constantly packing and cleaning, and packing...but she was lots of help with the kids.


The House: Well the house has been kind of a nightmare. I love the house...it just came with problems that we didn't foresee. We were there for about a week when I kept smelling this vague urine smell. We even threw the cats in a bathroom for a few days because we thought it was them. NOPE! carpet guy came over with a black light and it was disgusting! He said there was more pee in that carpet then he had seen in 15 years.


So hard to think the owners weren't aware of it like everyone says. So we ripped it out, treated the floors and replaced 1100 sq ft of carpet. At least it's done and clean.

Now we just have tons of painting, un-packing, decorating to do and just finding a place for everything! It will take time, but it's coming along. Oh and LOTS of yard work. I hate weeds! So much overgrowth that I don't think we're really going to get a handle on it until we can just rip it all out and start over next year! I'll have to post pictures of the house as we get rooms finished.

Summer has been fun. As usual Mady loved the 4th of July and all the fireworks. She's an adrenaline junkie and pyro like her dad.

Noah on the other hand just wanted to hide under the covers on my lap and ask to go inside. :) He's so funny sometimes.

We've spent lots of days at the spray park. Noah is finally warming up to it and Mady is brave enough to go down the slides by herself this year.



However...I did yell at a couple kids one day. This kid came down the slide about 2 seconds behind Mady and knocked her clear out onto the concrete. I didn't even think if his parents were there, but I would have loved for them to say something. Those bigger kids need to watch for the littler ones. Anyhow...Mady has done pretty good in gymnastics. She'll start dance and pre-school in a few weeks which she is SUPER excited for. We also braved the drive-in for the first time with both kids. Went great. Kids went right to bed in the back after Despicable Me. It was fun, but reminded me how old I am and why I don't stay up that late anymore!

It was so good to see Kara and the kids! Wish Chant could have been here but we're so excited to see him soon! Adam really misses him. Noah and Porter are so cute together.


Speaking of Noah...

he finished his little Toddler Lab in July. He had lots of fun. he is getting so big and surprising us every day with the crazy sentences he puts together. Complete 8-10 word sentences that are so funny. it's crazy to hear the workings of a 2 yr olds mind so clearly. Hilarious. He's such a fun little guy.


We did have a neat fire at the INL that gave me some neat pictures I had to add.


Anyhow...This last weekend we went to Twin Falls to spend the weekend with Adam's mom and Rick and go to a Family Reunion. We got there late Friday night and I woke up Saturday just feeling kind of yucky. Then as we get on the hwy to go the reunion, Mady yelled from the backseat, "Mom! I need a bucket!" Well guess what? we didn't just have one laying around in the car and Adam couldn't pull over on the hwy fast enough. So the poor girl puked all over the car and me. Once we stopped she was done...and soaked. So we turned around and went back. She puked most of the day and so I sent Adam and Noah on their way to the reunion. Well that night Adam woke up in the middle of the night puking his guts out. He felt better in the morning and Sunday turned out to be a little better. we went to the park and the kids played in the pool at the house.


I finally enjoyed my mother-in-laws yummy food! But it was a relief to get home. It wasn't quite the vacation we'd planned, but maybe next time.


That night we went to my niece, Ashton's birthday party

that ended us in the ER. Adam decided to try out Craig's motor bike that is huge and fast. well he popped the clutch and to make a long story short he broke his wrist and we ended up at the hospital. To make things even better...he broke one of the worst bones. We went to the orthopedic surgeon today and he described the break to us: It's a bone that is mostly cartilage and so when it's a clean break like that the blood supply is low and so it is really slow to heal. sometimes up to 3 months and sometimes not at all!!! So then you have to go in and put a screw in it to force it together. So he kind of gave us the option... try the cast for 6 weeks, x-ray it and see if there's any progress. If not...surgery. OR we can just do the surgery from the start and get it over with. Adam chose the cast because of the OFF CHANCE we won't have to pay for surgery. but then we take the chance of having that dumb thing on for like 3 months too. Did I mention it's his right hand and that he's right handed? Really crappy given all the work we still need done on the house. What would you do??? I'm torn between the cost of surgery but just wanting to guarantee that it's healed in 4-6 weeks. decisions...decisions...It's been kind of a hard couple of months on us and I'm really hoping there's some sunshine around the corner. But above all else I'm grateful for Adam and my beautiful, healthy kids. I guess I just need to focus more on that and less on my pity party.

One funny thing about Noah- when Adam wrecked I saw it out the window and ran for the door, but as I was going out Noah came running in and just peeked around the door to the outside and yelled, "I'm going in. Dad! I'm going to go in, cuz I'm really scared, ok?!" That was actually pretty hilarious. it took some convincing to get him to let me out. Anyhow... if anyone is still reading this... I hope all is well!

3 comments:

  1. Keep smiling! Things will get better! It was good to see you guys a few weeks ago. I still need to come see your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, bummer about Adam's wrist! That's crazy! Hope it heals! I had such a great time visiting you guys. We just love you and your kids are wonderful! Hang in there! Hopefully things will start going better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about all the mess. Hopefully it gets better.

    ReplyDelete