Monday, October 4, 2010

End of summer/House update

Wow. I feel like things are finally starting to slow down now. Our house is starting to feel more like "home", and overall I think we are happy with the way things are going lately. Everyone is doing good. Adam still has his cast on. He had it x-rayed 2 weeks ago and it wasn't healed so he gave Adam 1 more month and then we will see. If it isn't all the way healed this time...surgery it is. wish us luck. :)
So Noah is doing great too. He is such a fun little guy. Adam called him a ham tonight and I thought that described him perfectly. He just has so much personality and is all boy. Last night we roasted marshmallows and all he could say was, "That was a pretty awesome fire huh Dad?" he didn't really like the marshmallows but he was great at roasting them. :)



I don't know if this is funny to everyone but we laughed, and then gave Noah the..."We don't say that and Heavenly Father doesn't like it when we say those words..." talk. But the other night he kept playing in the cat food and Adam told him to stop because he'd already fed the cats. He turned to Adam and said, "Are you serious Dad?" and Adam said..."yes Noah, I'm serious. Leave it alone." Noah turned around and was so serious, stomped his foot and said, "Well I'm pissed off!" ha ha. Holy cow. I don't know where this kid comes up with this stuff. I guess it shocks me even more how appropriate he uses his phrases. He hasn't used any more naughty words lately so we're making progress. :)

This is my naughty little man...:) hee hee. He's like a monkey. He "just wanted candy mom!"


Just a day at the fair; Noah loved his turkey leg :)



Mady is doing good. She's started dance and she loves it! I can't believe how much better she's caught on this year. She just "gets it", and I think it's so much more fun for her. Her teacher is awesome too. She's great with these little girls. Mady also started pre-school which she was very excited about. Her entire day seems to go better when she's in school. She really seems to thrive with the structure. I can't believe that she will be 5 next summer and could start school. crazy. I don't think we will start her until the following year, but I just can't believe how fast time goes.
After a night at the Rexburg fair :) she was very excited to get her face painted.

The state fair

so sweet..


As for me, I have been busy working and getting our house together. We finally got most of the upstairs painted. We're doing Mady's room this week. But we've emptied out the garage and organized the storage room. It's nice to feel like we can really make this HOME and feel some permanence. So I'll finish this off with some before and after pictures:
This was the sun room. If you can see it was really red, almost pinkish with bad texturing.


So we re-textured and painted; that's also with the new carpet. Like it much better.

This was the kitchen. Every wall was this yellow...like mustard. You can also see where we ripped out a section of cupboards. it opens it up so much more. Adam needs to fix that for me still :)


So we did the bead board tan and the top a deep red...Love it.


This was the main bathroom, very plain.

So much better!!!


This room is our front living room/sitting room, whatever. very plain...and it was a DISASTER. That's where every thing sat as we found spots for it.

Finally cleaned up and some paint.

Then finally some decorations. :) Somehow putting your stuff on the wall makes a WORLD of difference when it comes to making it feel like home.


Anyhow...sorry long post with lots of pics. Since it took a couple days to finish this post...Mady and I went to the dentist yesterday. It was her 1st time so I was nervous, but she got her picture taken and put on the board of "kids with NO cavities". She was so good and excited. :)

with her bag of goodies

So there you have it, my goal is to keep up better then this! :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you have had lots going on! Noah is hilarious! Seriously, I don't know what I would do if Porter said something like that to me. And Maddie, good job with no cavities! That's awesome. The house looks great! I really love the new front room. It looks amazing. You picked great colors and it really looks like you. Can't wait to see what you do with Maddie's room. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your house!! How fun- but so much work.... it is worth it in the end, cause it looks awesome!! I would love to come over and see it so call me and we will get together!! When you are not crazy busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful house! It feels so good to get somewhere after moving huh?! Your kids are so cute! Way to go at the dentist!

    ReplyDelete