Friday, November 6, 2009

Tamiflu...crazy, (expensive) stuff!!!

So I don't have any pictures to post with this because it wasn't really a time to grab a camera. First, everyone is getting better in our house. Adam is coming along. He finally went to the dr on Thursday. Influenza. Duh. So him and both kids took Tamiflu. And for 5 days, which is like 1oz, it costs $88 a bottle! Thanks heavens for insurance and a $25 Rx...but still we did that 3 times, plus co-pays and 2 things of cough medicine, in a week! Yikes!
Anyhow... I actually read the insert thing that came with the Tamiflu, which I don't always do, but I was so unfamiliar with it. It said it could cause behavioral changes, especially in kids. I didn't put much thought into it and threw it away. Well the other night me and Adam are watching a movie and I hear this blood-curdling scream from Mady's room. I RUN in there, and she is running circles in her room SCREAMING! When I turned on the light, she started frantically pointing at her dresser and freaking out. Then she pointed at something on the floor and I started shaking her! She cried, I took her potty, laid her back down and she was asleep right where I laid her before I even shut the door. Weird. Like she'd never woke up.
So then the next night, I hear the pitter patter of little feet running down the hall at like 2 a.m. followed by her ever known screaming! She climbs in bed with us, but was like restless and freaking out. She finally fell asleep and I just left her. She started wiggling a ton and I told her to sit still or she had to go back to her bed. Out of no where, she stood straight up in our bed and just tried to walk across me and Adam towards the treadmill and wall! Like she thought she was on the floor or something. I grabbed her just in time, and I had to physically restrain her and lay her down! She was screaming bloody murder and fighting me. it was nuts! I had to shake her and wake her up. I took her potty, laid her down and it hasn't happened again! That is some crazy stuff! I'm waiting to see what it does to Adam. Hopefully he doesn't hurt me! Lol. I don't think I can restrain him the same way I can Mady!

Anyhow...Mady should be able to go back to school & Dance on Monday. She's excited. Me and Adam went out on a date tonight for his birthday. Aubrey baby sat which was nice. We saw Jim Carey's new movie, The Christmas Carol. Let me just tell any of you who might be thinking about taking your kids. Use caution. It is not what you expect and parts of it are downright scary and creepy. The little 3 yr old girl next to us kept telling her mom, "But I'm REALLY scared!" as she's covering her eyes. We thought it would be more like the Polar Express. wrong. Anyhow... it was a fun night. We got some Christmas shopping done at the dreaded Toys R Us, WITHOUT kids. That's always easier. Anyhow... no pictures this time. Will post some next time!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are on the mend. Thanks for letting me know about the movie. We were thinking of taking the kids. Not anymore. Hope you guys have a good weekend! Cute background BTW.

    ReplyDelete