So here we go again...or still! Another co-pay and $80 in prescriptions. We had to take Mady back to the Dr. We took Noah too just so he could listen to him and see what he thinks. They both seemed to get better, and then worse! They have horrible coughs. So we left there with an antibiotic for Noah, Mady and Adam. A cough medicine for Mady and one for Noah, and 2 different nebulizer treatments. Ahhhh! One of the nebulizer treatments we got was Pulmicort, $208 for 30 of them. Thank goodness for insurance, I only paid $25 and that Jamie has a nebulizer (the penguin) so we didn't have to rent one. When we went to the dr. though, they kept referring to the kids as having the swine flu. I guess they didn't test for that specifically because it's a $300 test, but they said this is exactly how it works. After all the meds, the fever goes and it just settles in your chest. So he's sure it's what we've all had. He said it's going around, everyone just deals with it different. It's everywhere I guess.
Noah didn't like the mask, he kind of freaked out!
Well other then the sickness in our life...here's an update on everyone!
Adam is doing good. Working. At least they're not sending him hom sick! He's starting to feel better. Since we're inactive at church from being sick, we're cleaning the house and shampooing carpets this weekend. We're having my mother-in-law and everyone over for an early Thanksgiving next Saturday...so I used that as our excuse to get the house clean and organized! For some reason a simple, "I want to get the house clean", doesn't work for him. So I've kept him busy. lol. I've been working and it's been busy at the hospital. There's always sick people I guess. Sad, but good job security too. The Twilight sequel, New Moon is Thursday!! YEA!! Highlight of my week. We have midnight tickets and my mom is spending the night with the kids. So excited... SO SO SO excited!
Mady- Well other then being sick she's doing pretty good. Missing a lot of pre-school which makes her sad. We drive in town and she says, "No! go this way!", pointing towards the school. She does so well that I hate when she misses it. But that's ok. We've spent lots of time together. She is such a sweetheart. I love my little girl; she's got such a soft little heart and a fun personality. I know I've said it before, but DRAMA! the other day in the car was funny. I turned around and said something like, "you guys stop fighting" and she just cried histerically and said,"No! It's not you guys! I'm Mady!" she is so emotional over things. I can't even sit her and Noah by each other for breakfast. They just antagonize each other. He will slap the counter or wave his spoon at her, which results in her crying and boobin and yelling at him. Then he'll yell at her. then it's, "Mom!" and he'll open his arms wide and slap his hands together in her face! she'll cry. naughty boy, he picks on her so bad.- We've had a rough time getting Mady to sleep in her own bed. We did this for 2 1/2 hours one night. We did the patient thing and put her back to bed without saying anything for like an hour. Then we swatted her butt a couple of times, raised our voices when we said, "Don't get up again!" it got the best of us (not my proudest moments). So we took someones advice and locked our bedroom door. She cried, "Mom! Wake up. I cuddle you!" I cried. But she went back to bed. The next night I prayed we wouldn't do that again. But she got up, jiggled the handle, knocked..."Dad! I love you." Adam said, "I love you too Mady. Go to bed." She said ok and ran back to her room. Now at night we'll here the pitter patter of feet, jiggle on the handle... she'll go, "uhh!" and then pitter patter away. Now it's kind of funny. But if we leave it unlocked, she will sneak herself in bed right next to me and sleep until I notice. Sweet little girl. One day Adam said, "My door was locked last night huh Mady?" she said,"Yeah. But Mommy cuddled me!" we laughed. She always crawls in bed with me in the morning after Adam leaves.
Noah-Such a funny, smart little guy! He melts my heart with his beautiful brown eyes, and sweet smile. He's such a lovable boy who always has something funny to say. Other then when he's antagonizing his sister, he is such a good boy. At bed time you can ask him if he's ready for bed. He'll say, "yea!" and grab his blankie and run for his room. This little boy is putting 2-3 words together. He can say yes, no, uh-huh, uh-uh, and yep! and he uses them all appropriately. He knows the difference between hot and cold. He can point to his eyes, nose, mouth, head and belly, and can name them all. He can tell you what he wants to eat, at least things that he gets regularly like juice, soup, cheese, milk, toast, banana...and so on. He'll say "snack" and get you a bowl. When anyone gets dressed he says,"Coat. Go car" and he'll run and get his and mady's coat. The funniest thing is, lately he's been calling me Randi. So he'll run through the house,"Ranni! here go." and he's into, "Mommy! Look. A cat!" or whatever he sees. He'll give you a kiss and say "squeeze!" when he hugs you. We feel like we can have an exchange of converstion with this little boy. He is fun. I can't believe that he is almost 18 months. Oh another funny thing is that he always grabs my earrings and says "bing, bing!" because we told Mady that her earrings are her "bling blings". I just love this little boy. One more thing, sorry but it was funny. Today he wanted one of my magnets off the fridge and Adam gave him one of his alphabet ones instead. He got so mad he started ripping all of the alphabet ones off and throwing them on the floor. Then he chucked one across the room, so Adam said..."Noah. you be nice". he started crying and running down the hall to his room. Then he slammed his door! all we could do was laugh. He's 17 months old! are you serious? Anyhow... this was a really long post, so if anyone is still reading sorry. this is for my own memories too. Sometimes I feel like it's so good for me to step back and look at all the fun I have with my kids. anyhow...hope everyone is well!
We made mint-chocolate cookies. Mmmm...Noah liked the beaters.
Just flipping through a magazine. Our big boy climbs on the tables and counters. He doesn't think he needs a high chair or booster seat anymore. ya right.

Sorry you guys are still sick! Stinks! That was fun to read what you are up too. Noah looks so big with his hair longer. Cute! It is good to remember the good because otherwise the frustrating things seem bigger. Thanks for sharing what's up!
ReplyDeleteI read the whole post. I usually just look at pictures but I love hearing your stories. Sorry you guys have been sick. They closed our nursery at church which I think spared us from the flu. I love how Mady went crazy while on Tamiflu. I never knew it could cause behavioral changes. Weird. That's funny that Noah picks on Mady. I think when Paycen gets bigger we will have the exact same drama in our house. I will enjoy him now while I can!
ReplyDeleteThere is nothing worse than having sick kids- It really drains you- so I forgive you for not calling me!!!:) I hope you guys get better soon.
ReplyDelete