Sunday, May 5, 2013

APRIL- Hayleigh's 6 months!

Our little Hayleigh Ann is half a year old! I can't believe we've had her in our family that long..it's gone by so fast. Some days I'm sad to see her get bigger, sad to see the changes happen so quickly, sad to leave each and every stage behind......but other days (most days) I relish in her growth and sweet spirit. She is such a good baby, and to see her eyes light up at the new things she discovers is amazing. She's discovered that we have a dog and a cat...and she loves to watch them. It makes her giggle...and that sound is music to my ears. I love that she is seeing the world around her.  We celebrated our 10 year anniversary in Jackson Hole and she loved to go swimming. Loved to splash in the water. She's a fun little companion. She gets a lot of one on one mommy time while Mady and Noah are in school. We enjoy our occasional lunch dates with Grandma Kelli!

Some updates....
-She rolled over on March 18th! She just giggled! I think it surprised her.
-Went swimming for the 1st time!
-Got her ears pierced this last month! She did great....Mady...not so much. ha ha. She had no desire to watch.
-Still in 0-3 month clothes and size 2 diapers....I'm waiting for the day that update will change! We go to the Dr Monday for her 6th month check up and will know her stats then!
-We've tried a apples and pears...no luck. She gags! horribly.
-She's become a huge spitter!!! holy cow! It's crazy...her shirt will be soaked from her spitting. lol.
-She's becoming a huge jabber mouth and squealer. "Da da da da!" yeah...Adam thinks she is saying Dad. HA!
-Still a huge mommy's girl. It is getting increasingly difficult to get ANYTHING done around the house. I seriously need to just strap her to me. Some days I get frustrated. Other days I let the house go to crap and I snuggle her like crazy. I love Mady and Noah...and I'm glad that they've become the independent, amazing kids that they have. But I also realize how quickly these days will be gone with Hayleigh. How right now, she needs me and wants nothing more then to be held and cuddled. So some days...I just forget everything and cherish those moments.
-While nursing or being rocked to sleep, she constantly has to have her fingers in your mouth! I don't get it! but she will claw your lips like crazy!
-She had her first Easter! There's nothing like getting a baby girl all dolled up for Easter! ha ha. Love it.
-She's still tipsy...but she's trying to sit up alone! She just looks too little. :)


 Super cute Easter kids! Don't you just want to kiss those chubby cheeks? :)

1 comment: