Monday, November 1, 2010

! TRICK or TREAT !

So Halloween was tons of fun, with TONS of activities. The kids got to wear their costumes 3 times, which Mady thought was just great! Oh but first...

Adam had his surgery on Wednesday. He was pretty nervous but it went great. They did what you call a Bier block on his arm. His whole arm was numb so he was actually awake and got to watch Dr Lee put the pin in on a live x-ray. It was a good thing we did it though...the bone had completely separated again, after only 2 weeks without a cast. So it was inevitable. Anyhow, he's doing good now and on Wednesday they will take the temporary cast off and just put a brace on for about 4 weeks. Despite all the bills we are dreading, we are glad to see this come to an end.
We un-wrapped it and cleaned it up. Crazy how something so small causes so much pain.

Well Halloween started on Thursday for us. We took the kids to the Boo at the Zoo. We'd never gone before, and for anyone else who hasn't: It's awesome and the kids LOVED it. They go through so much work and the zoo looks amazing. It really got the kids in the trick-or-treating mood!
I really didn't like Mady's costume, but she's so cute that it turned out cute!



Then Friday, Adam's sister Katie had a Halloween party at her house. She did a ton of work and preparation for it and it was way fun. We seriously got our costumes together at the last minute, but it was kinda fun just throwing some D.I. stuff together. ha ha.

Mady won the doughnut eating game, although she did cheat a little, it was still cute! She shoved that doughnut down pretty dang fast!



I know...we're hot huh? :)

Then Saturday...well that was busy. We cleaned and cooked all day. Adam's mom and step dad came up from Twin (which it was great to have them here!) then at 5 we went to the trunk-or-treat, with Craig & Brigitte and the kiddos. The kids had lots of fun. Noah was a little crabby and hesitant at first but as soon as the candy started coming he was so in! Mady was ready that morning! lol.



We then took the kids to Fat Cats where they had some businesses there doing trick-or-treating for the kids. I don't know if I'd do that again though. Way too crowded.

We went home and I decided to let the kids go down our road and do the old fashioned door-to-door. I think they had the most fun doing that. However...most of my neighbors got there door bells rang 3 times at least as the kids fought over it. ha ha. We only did half the road and then decided I'd had enough. LOL.


Our House


Everyone came over that night and we ate lots of good food, played some guitar hero, cards and ate some more.


Kru just decided he would take the whole bucket home. :)

It was lots of fun to get all the trick-or-treaters at our door. We've never had that. Some times we would even race to the door! LOL! we got tons of cute kids! I was partial to Kaleigh and Kenzie though! (ha ha! Heidi and Brit-They were so dang cute!!) Anyhow.... it was a way fun night. It did end with a lot of crying and extremely tired kids but I think we all had fun!!

3 comments:

  1. Glad Adam is doing okay! Looks like you guys partied hard! How's the house coming? You still working on it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems there is never a dull moment at your house!!! I hope Adam recovers well! You guys look awesome for Halloween! Way to dress up. The moments you will never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great to see you guys for a few minutes! We need to come back and visit again soon! Hope Adam's wrist heals fast.... and your kids costumes were very cute! Kenzie loves Toy Story! :)

    ReplyDelete