Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Holidays!

Winter has hit us hard in Idaho and with it has come the feeling for Christmas. :) We've had a terrible "blizzard" as they called it. Spots in our yard have anywhere from 8-10 inches. Monday and Tuesday were horrible with white outs and awful roads. Tons of roads and highways were closed. We just stayed home and decorated for Christmas! :) The kids are super excited for Christmas and I'm super excited for black Friday deals. I know, I'm crazy...but there's something about the craziness that is fun for me.
My kids are more then ready for the snow!


I am in love with the windows in our sun room because of the view I get of the beautiful weather.

Getting ready for Christmas:




We've painted Mady and Noah's rooms, finally! Mady's is done! Noah's is painted but is a work-in-progress at this point. Still fun, and they both love their rooms since we let them pick the colors. Well out of a couple choices anyways. :)
Remember Mady's awful room before without carpet, with the dresser all ripped out and horrible paint....


Well now...we love it!



Noah's room before...

and after...still working on it.


Other then that...we are doing ok. Feeling the stress of life right now, but trying to have faith that there is always a plan. Mady is still in pre-school and doing amazing. Me and Adam talked the other night about how she used to be and we can't even believe the progress she's made. All the fears we had are not there anymore and we are loving what she's becoming. We feel very blessed about how things have worked out with her. Her and Noah still fight a lot, but I'm starting to feel like that will be my life forever. They play good too; it just depends on the day.

My kids have said the funiest things lately though... Mady the other day said..."Mom! My belly hurts." So I said, "oh yeah?" She said "yeah. I think I need chocolate to make it feel better." :) ha ha. She learns quickly. funny little girl.
Noah is doing great. Still the funniest little character. I can't believe the little things his mind can come up with. I just wish he would sleep in his bed at night. It never fails, we always wake up with him. Sometimes he doesn't come in until like 5 or so, but it's inevitable. And Adam is a sucker because Noah is RELENTLESS and he'll go to Adam's side and say, "Daddy. I just want to cuddle you" and in he goes! Breakfast is pretty much a fight every morning. Sometimes he is up for 2 hours before he eats because all he wants is candy, to which I say no and give him the list of things he CAN have...yogurt, banana, cereal..etc. I think he gets hungry enough that he finally picks something. However...he doesn't forget to ask for the candy later. He is so much like his dad. We joked about this the other night. I made a roast and potatoes in the crock pot. Mady doesn't like potatoes, she likes broccoli so I steamed some for her. Then she just wanted water to drink. So broccoli and water for her and meat, potatoes and pop for Noah. Just like his dad. silly kids. Some funny quotes from him lately:
-Every night he decides right before bed that he's STARVING! I caught him digging through the fridge and told him to stop and that he's not really hungry. he looked right at me and said, "But Mom! I'm just so sick with hungry!"
-And every time he wants something and I say no, he'll say with attitude, "But Mom! It's just for my want!" Well since it's for that he should just get whatever he wants right!?
-Then the other night after church we got talking about babies because he was very interested in one at church. Adam asked if he wanted a baby in the house (NOT announcing anything! NOT good timing. lol) Noah looks right at him and says, "No dad. I just want a puppy for me" We laughed so hard! Where does he come up with this stuff? Anyhow...he's a super fun little man.

Adam is doing good. His wrist is starting to feel a lot better and he should be wearing that brace more then he does. But then again...when has he really listened to the dr's or me? ha ha. We'll find out in a couple weeks how it's healed. Work is going ok for me. I'm keeping my eye out for another job. I don't want to leave...but I need something I can count on and we need better insurance. We'll keep praying and looking. Other then that...things are going well. We feel very blessed to have our house, our amazing neighbors (who, by the way, snow-blowed our drive way and sidewalk during all these storms) we have an awesome ward, healthy and happy kids. And of course each other. Not much more we could ask for. :) Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

  1. Mady's room looks so freakin' cute!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are doing well. Mady's room is so cute! Noah is so funny! I think I would laugh all day long. My kids fight all day long, it's not just yours. Hopefully we can see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, love the makeovers on the kids rooms! Secondly, I'd miss you at work, but I totally understand needing a more STABLE income!

    ReplyDelete