Monday, September 28, 2009

1st Day of School

So actually Mady's 1st day of school was on Friday and she loved it! Adam was off that day so we all went to lunch and then dropped her off. I almost started crying because she looked like such a big girl. She just gave me a kiss and waved. Didn't even look back. I guess you want your kids to be independent, but sometimes it's sad too. She even cried when I came to pick her up. The weird thing was that she peed her pants at school. I couldn't believe it because I can't remember the last time that happened. I think she was unsure of who to ask and where to go, so she just didn't! But she went to school today and went potty fine, so I think she's getting used to it. They've been learning about goats and she was so super excited to tell me how she got to pet it and feed it corn. Apparently they taught them how to grind up corn and feed it to them. It's so fun to see how much she likes it. I think it will be good for her. On the way home she even told Adam that she had a friend named "Annie", I don't even know if there's a little girl in the class with that name. It was probably the goat! LOL. Anyhow... here's a couple pictures of her.



So Monday's are really busy. She has dance in the morning and school in the afternoon, but she loves it. But boy did she go to bed good tonight. So here's a couple pictures of her in her "dance dress". She loves it so much that I have to bribe her to take it off. But usually once she tries to go to the bathroom and gets stuck, she'll agree that it's time to get dressed. :)


Since the weather is suppose to turn to winter in the next couple days, (45 degrees and snow/rain on Wednesday...what the heck?!) yeah... anyhow it was really nice today so we took the kids to the nature park and fed the ducks. Noah loves it, but if he holds the popcorn in his hand for too long the ducks will come nip it out of his fingers. The first time that happened he freaked out and about climbed Adam's leg. lol. But he got the hang of it. They love it and there were so many ducks out. I wasn't sure since it was almost October but there was tons!!



Seriously...look at all the ducks. Crazy.

So looking at these pictures and the upcoming weather forecast makes me realize that summer is coming to an end. I have mixed feelings because I love cuddling in blankets when we watch movies, making soup, having hot chocolate, and of course the holidays. But I also miss just being able to let the kids outside to play, the easiness of finding things to do with them, and at some point...I start to resenting cooking every night and I really miss using the BBQ daily. It's been really nice to have a big, private yard for the kids this year. We definitely enjoyed it and spent tons of time outside! Oh well... it will come again!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good summer. I long for the days we have a yard the kids can play in. Glad she is doing well in school. Cute little dress. That's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is Mady going to school? Goodness... she sure is growing up fast! What a cutie! By the way, did Heidi tell you she moved back? I'm sure you probably already heard... but yeah, she is back in Rexburg now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mady started school already, WHAT! She is so cute and I bet get spoiled at school (if I were a teacher, I would spoil the cute ones...good thing I am not). Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete